New Tee Time
Effective March 6
9:00 a.m. - Tee Time
8:45 a.m. - Be at your cart and ready to play!
8:45 a.m. - Be at your cart and ready to play!
If you are unable to play, email Julia Fountain at julia.fountain@yahoo.comor call her at the Pro Shop at 803-648-4206
EVENTS, NOTES, AND OTHER STUFF
- The Wednesday Riders
Something new and exciting -- play 9 holes starting at 1:30 on Wednesdays. It's a great afternoon to be outside. This is a fun, low pressure group of beginners and a few of us who just want more golf time and want to ride.
As of right now we have two set tee times on Wednesdays 1:30 and 1:40. If you are interested in playing any Wednesday afternoon in the future, please contact Ann Schneider by Tuesday evening. Her email is annschneider70@gmail.com - Heads Up: April 17 - Interclub at Cedar Creek
The Interclub will be held on April 17th at Cedar Creek. Start time 9:00 am. The cost will be $30.00. Everyone pays the same amount regardless of memberships or cart plans. Cost includes golf, lunch, prize money. Rain date will be held on April 24, 2017. Mulligans and 50/50 will be sold to help supplement prize money.
If you would like to play, please bring me a check made out to the "Cedar Creek Niners", drop it off at my house at 3028 Stonehaven Dr. The first 9 checks I receive will be the 9 on the list; the others will be on a wait-list. Once we see how many are coming from the other clubs, I will let you know if you can play. (There is a very strong possibility everyone who wants to play will be able to play). There will be no sign-up sheet. You must call me or give me a check. - USGA - Cedar Creek Course Rating Change
The South Carolina and Women's South Carolina Golf Associations have completed and announced revised USGA course ratings and slopes for all sets of tees including additional combinations of tees at Cedar Creek with effective date March 1, 2017.
There's nothing special we need do; proper input of scores adjusted for equitable stroke control for the tees played is all that's necessary. The computer does the rest. Please note that there will be a transposition of the red and green tees. The red tees will become the most forward tees, and the green tees will take the place of the former red tees.
For the most part the revisions will have negligible effect on handicap computations. By way of example, the popular black tees for men were revised to a course rating of 67.5 (formerly 67.3) with a slope of 122 (previously 123). For the ladies the new most forward red tees (old green tees) were revised from the former course rating of 65.6 to 65.7 and the slope from 109 to 112.
Course/tee yardages were also re-calculated during the revision process and will reflect on new scorecards when produced. Further to the foregoing examples, the men's black tees changed from 5682 to 5680 yards and for the ladies red (old green) tees from 4456 to 4387 yards.
- If you have anything you would like added to this newsletter, please let us know!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES:
Terri Fitzpatrick - March 4
Diane Hadley - March 29
This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.
The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.
But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,
I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.
Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.
It Rules My Mind For Hours On End;
A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.
And Hate Myself And Want To Die.
It Promises Me A Thing Called Par,
If I Hit It Straight And Far.
Should Not Be Very Hard At All.
But My Desires The Ball Refuses,
And Does Exactly As It Chooses.
And Disappears Before My Eyes.
Often It Will Have A Whim,
To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.
It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand.
Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul,
If Only It Would Find The Hole.
And Swear That I Will Give It Up.
And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow,
But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow.
Diane Hadley - March 29
GOLF POEM
In My Hand I Hold A
Ball,
White And Dimpled,
And Rather Small.
Oh, How Bland It Does Appear,This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.
The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.
But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,
I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.
Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.
It Rules My Mind For Hours On End;
A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.
And Hate Myself And Want To Die.
It Promises Me A Thing Called Par,
If I Hit It Straight And Far.
Should Not Be Very Hard At All.
But My Desires The Ball Refuses,
And Does Exactly As It Chooses.
And Disappears Before My Eyes.
Often It Will Have A Whim,
To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.
It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand.
Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul,
If Only It Would Find The Hole.
And Swear That I Will Give It Up.
And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow,
But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow.
GOLF POEM
Stand proud you noble swingers of clubs!
A recent study found
that the average golfer walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found
that golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
This means that, on
average, golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon!
Kind of makes you proud. Almost makes you Feel like a hybrid........


